Sangha Retreat | Wuzhong District | Suzhou | Jiangsu | China
A sanctuary for the mind, body and soul, SANGHA Retreat is redefining the intersection of modern science and ancient healing wisdom, to provide a holistic, impactful wellness experience. The brainchild of visionary Fred Tsao, the retreat encourages guests to become fully immersed in their personal wellbeing evolution, through individually curated programs addressing the six key habits of life: eating, breathing, sleeping, movement, thinking and awareness.
Located on a serene peninsula overlooking the Yangcheng Lake in Suzhou, China, every element of the 47-acre retreat has been considered as a component of a holistic journey, from the AT ONE Clinic and AT ONE Healing Spa, to the THOUGHT FOR FOOD restaurant and daily schedule of Living Habits, designed around the body’s circadian rhythm.
AT ONE Accommodations
Blending intuitive design with stunning natural vistas, SANGHA Retreat’s 68 suites and villas provide luxurious comfort and calming minimalism, complementing the wellness programs and enhancing your journey.
- 10 (570-sq-ft) King Suites, with king-size bed, living area and balcony
- 6 (570-sq-ft) Twin Suites, with twin beds, living area and balcony
- 31 (570-sq-ft) Lakeview King Suites with king-size bed, living area and balcony
- 7 (570-sq-ft) Lakeview Twin Suites with twin beds, living area and balcony
- 3 (915-sq-ft) Spa Suites with direct elevator access to the AT ONE Healing Spa. Spa Suites feature separate living area, Thai massage bed, outdoor deck, and chromotherapy shower with needle and rain shower heads and steam.
- 2 (1,420-sq-ft) One Bedroom Penthouse Suites
- 1 (2,130-sq-ft) Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite (1 King; 1 bedroom with 2 Queens)
- 7 (4,300-sq-ft) Four Bedroom Lakeside villa
- 1 (8,600-sq-ft) Seven Bedroom Lakeside villa
King, Twin, Lakeview King and Lakeview Twin Suites: Spacious and modern, our 570-square-foot Suites are perfectly conducive to reflection, relaxation and rejuvenation. Guests are given the choice of one king or two twin beds, as well as premium amenities, living area and balcony. Lakeview Suites feature picturesque views of our pool and the Yangcheng Lake.
Spa Suites: Our three 915-square-foot Spa Suites provide the utmost privacy and serenity for those looking to incorporate a piece of our AT ONE Healing Spa into their accommodations. Specially designed with discretion in mind, each Spa Suite features a separate driveway entrance, private elevator to the spa, an outdoor deck and reflection pool, living area, indoor Thai massage bed and a multi-jet chromotherapy shower.
One Bedroom Penthouse Suites: Nature and architecture harmoniously combine at SANGHA Retreat, and the thoughtfully appointed One Bedroom Penthouse Suites are the ideal place to enjoy the blend of comfort and scenery. Accessed exclusively by private elevator and situated on the top floor of SANGHA Retreat, the flawlessly designed 1,400-square-foot suites have spacious living and dining rooms, complemented by unmatched views overlooking the retreat and Yangcheng Lake.
Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite: The exquisite Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite features more than 2,100 square feet of comfort for those seeking the ultimate wellness experience, with choice of one king or two queen-size beds. The thoughtful design elegantly balances luxury with calming minimalism, complementing the retreat’s wellness programs and enhancing the guest experience. Spanning two bedrooms and an expansive living area complete with a gas fireplace, this suite provides a peaceful environment to become immersed in the meditative views of our pool and the Yangcheng Lake.
Four-Bedroom Villa: Each villa is an opulent residential-style oasis with intuitive design that incorporates gorgeous vistas, high-end furnishings and ample space. Offering more than 4,000 square feet of tranquility and comfort, the Four-Bedroom Villa is ideal for groups and families, providing the privacy of a home away from home in one of the most serene locations on our property, all with scenic views of the Yangcheng Lake.
Seven-Bedroom Villa: The sumptuous Seven-Bedroom Villa tastefully reflects the enchanting culture and natural beauty of the area, encouraging guests to connect with the surroundings and facilitating the path to achieving a new level of well-being. A wide range of comforts and amenities are on hand in this 8,600-square-foot sanctuary that can accommodate as many as 12 guests. Featuring the finest furnishings and spacious living space for entertaining, our premier villa is a true respite with the most breathtaking views of the property and Yangcheng Lake.
AT ONE Clinic
The AT ONE Clinic combines ancient wisdom with modern technology to provide a holistic approach to physical and mental well-being. Utilising state-of-the-art, non-invasive technology, an extensive wellness assessment at the clinic underpins your stay at SANGHA Retreat. With a focus on preventative as well as therapeutic treatments, it is here that a program for the duration of your stay is tailored to your personal needs, with the support of a full clinical team including internationally renowned doctors.
AT ONE Healing Spa
The 65,000 square foot AT ONE Healing Spa optimizes mind, body, and spiritual balance through treatments designed to restore and rejuvenate. Natural elements such as water, light, heat, sound, and energy are combined with state-of-the-art wellness technology to provide a holistic healing experience. The design is at once welcoming, luxurious, and understated, perfectly arranged to inspire harmony and relaxation. Explore the exquisite menu of beauty treatments, massages, scrubs, wraps, and traditional therapies, as well as the extensive array of hydrothermal facilities.
- Extensive menu of treatments and rituals including massage, body scrubs, body wraps, hot soaks, facials, skincare, Ayurveda and crystal therapy
- Transformational tunnel leading from the spa reception to 26 treatment rooms
- Separate men’s and women’s lounge areas, each including Experience Showers, Vitality pool, saunas and heated recliners. The women’s area also includes a mani-pedi salon.
- Spa Cafe, for pre- and post-treatment teas and snacks
- Spa boutique
- Rotation Room for spinning meditation
- Indoor and outdoor heated Aquatic therapy pools
SANGHA Retreat Programs
At the core of SANGHA Retreat’s offerings are its new enhanced wellbeing programs, designed to create lasting transformation:
- Ancient Chinese Wisdom
- Traditional Body Alignment
- Seasonal Gut Management
- Cleanse & Reset
- Immune Boost
- Relax & Reconnect
- Welcome to Well-Being
- Peak Fitness
- Mindful Weight Management
- Men 360
- Women 360
Programs are inclusive of:
- Comprehensive wellness assessment and lifestyle consultation (9D scan, Max Pulse, InBody, Vitals)
- Timewaver consultation
- Nutrition consultation
- Spinal health consultation
- Three non-inflammatory meals daily, designed by Chef Paul Then alongside a TCM doctor and nutritionist.
- Access to the comprehensive Hydrothermal Experience at the AT ONE Healing Spa
- Access to the Living Habits calendar, made up of 9 daily sessions including:
- Introduction to Huangdi Neijing
- Immune System and Nutrition Workshop
- Mindful Stress Reduction Workshop
- Sleep Coaching
- Sound healing
- Yoga – breathwork & Sun salutations
Sound Healing & Meditation Dome
SANGHA Retreat’s impressive Sound Healing and Meditation Dome is built with precise dimensions to radiate the energy captured from the rising sun, as well as to provide incredible acoustics for an unforgettable aural experience. In addition to the outer rim of quartz crystals, the dome also sits on crystals to enhance the healing and meditative effects of the treatments and classes held there.
Designed around the body’s circadian rhythm, SANGHA Retreat’s Living Habits program offers a variety of activities and practices to help guests achieve a new level of wellbeing. Featuring a schedule that changes daily, guests are encouraged to experience meditation and sound healing, practice ancient Tai Chi movements while overlooking the Yangcheng Lake or participate in an informative lecture on topics such as TCM seasonal eating. Each day, guests can choose from 9 complimentary sessions.
- Gym, cardio, resistance, free weights, circuit
- Pilates, Gyrotonics, Thai Boxing, core-strength training
- Harmonious movement through dance, yoga and Tai Chi
- Sound healing and meditation
- Creative living, expressed in culinary, handiwork, and calligraphy classes
- Mindfulness classes to train the mind and increase awareness
- Topical and seasonal wellness talks on stress management, longevity and women’s health
THOUGHT FOR FOOD
Guided by Executive Chef Paul Then, the THOUGHT FOR FOOD restaurant and THOUGHT FOR FOOD Market both utilise sustainably farmed, local ingredients to create nutritious, customised menus. While the restaurant can customise your meal plan to your wellness program, and offers juice and soup cleanses, the market features an array of international cuisines.
In collaboration with the AT ONE Clinic, and a team of nutritionists and doctors, a customized nutrition plan is created for each guest using responsibly sourced ingredients.
- Nutritious, mindful cuisine, mostly organic and local when possible
- Customised menus developed for each guest to suit their preferences and well-being goals
- Juice and soup cleanses for guests looking to renew or restart their metabolism
- 24-hour self-serve nut and juice bar designed to satisfy cravings with healthy options
Architecture and Interior Design
Blending intuitive design with stunning natural vistas, the 47-acre retreat flows naturally alongside the Yangcheng Lake. Guided by traditional and sustainability, the award-winning design is rooted in nature, creating a calm and meditative space for guests to reconnect with each other and the environment. Designed collaboratively by: Tsao & McKown New York, with Calvin Tsao as creative director and lead architect, Nery + Hu Shanghai and Yung Ho Chang of Atelier FCJZ Beijing/Shanghai.
- Quartz crystal mandalas under each bed to enhance the flow of energy through the body and clear the mind of negativity. Crystals are cleansed and replaced after each stay.
- Curved ceilings to promote the flow of positive energy throughout the room
- Organic Egyptian cotton bedding and allergen-free woven rugs
- Menu of pillow offerings to promote a good night’s sleep regardless of sleeping style or preferences
- Bedside lighting panel and motion-activated lights for minimal disruption during the night
- Turndown wellness surprises, such as personal notes, floral bedtime tea and raw nuts
- Filtered water replenished daily in glass bottles
- Electric kettle, coffee and herbal tea
- High-speed wireless
- 8 BY OCTAVE signature line of gentle bath products
- The Sound Chair
- Kneipp Walk
- Himalayan Salt Cave
- Herbal Steam Room
- Finnish Sauna
- Ice Fountain
- Tropical Showers
- Hydrotherapy Aquatonic Jets
- Cold Plunge Pool
- Vitality Pool
- Infrared Sauna
How to Get There
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) is 1 hr 40 mins drive away.
- Shanghai Hongqiao Airport is 1 hr drive away
- Trains from the centre of Shanghai to Suzhou from 22 mins
- Private and charter jets land at one of two airports within a 60-minute drive to SANGHA Retreat
- A Chinese visa is required for foreign visitors and can be obtained from your local Chinese embassy.
- English-speaking staff
- Local currency is Renminbi (RMB). Major credit cards are accepted.
- Time zone: Chinese Standard Time (CST)
Please contact us for availability and pricing details
Luxury Vacation Rentals
Luxury Vacation Rentals
“Never leave home sweet home”
The luxury vacation rental homes in the Lauren Berger Collection provide the finest amenities you could desire for any getaway, corporate retreat, special event, or relocation. Find out more about our lavish properties around the globe.
Estates & Mansions for Rent
The properties in the prestigious Lauren Berger Collection include mansions for rent and estates for rent that make for an excellent venue, retreat, or expansive space for a short-term or long-term relocation.
Charming Villas for Rent
Our collection also includes a variety of luxury villa rentals and apartment rentals in prestigious locations. Enjoy staying in a lavish space overlooking Central Park, sitting on the waterfront of Italy’s shores, or residing on a private beach in the Caribbean.
Luxury Beach Rentals & Ski Rentals
Whether you are searching for a getaway on some of the finest beaches in the world or a ski trip in charming mountain towns, Lauren Berger has a property for you. Browse luxury beach rentals, mountain chateau rentals, and more in our collection.