Xigera Safari Lodge | Okavango Delta | North-West District | Botswana
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection is returning to its roots: Africa, where it all began. Opened in December 2020 in Botswana’s most unspoiled wilderness, Xigera (“Kee-jera”) is, quite simply, a pioneer. This extraordinary new safari lodge, located in the Moremi Game Reserve in the heart of the Okavango Delta, is a bold new statement, reinventing what it means to experience the African bush. Inspired by a deep love of the Delta and its wildlife, Xigera offers just 24 guests a remarkable opportunity to explore the richness of this UNESCO World Heritage Site – at their own pace, in their own time, however, they wish. Meticulously designed to frame the breathtaking floodplains and riverine forests, the lodge is in complete synergy with its surroundings. Spacious suites clad in flame-torched timber look out onto lily-filled lagoons, providing a front-row seat to the theatre of the African bush. The interiors are filled with exceptional one-off works of art and design created by Africa’s most globally recognized names, in collaboration with award-winning gallery Southern Guild, from gleaming hand-forged copper and steel consoles by Conrad Hicks, to Adam Birch’s tactile creations carved right on-site. Quietly surprising touches are everywhere, from the lily-inspired spa to the remarkable three-story baobab sculpture overlooking the floodplain, offering the chance of a life-changing sleep-out beneath the velvet night sky.
This groundbreaking project is the first purpose-built safari lodge developed by The Red Carnation Collection, the pinnacle of a life’s work creating extraordinary hospitality experiences. Founders Beatrice and Stanley Tollman and their family have spent the last 66 years creating and steering some of the world’s finest luxury boutique hotels in exceptional locations. The Tollmans’ devotion to detail lies at the core of everything; the effortless service, the deep human connection, and the personal touches in every destination are what make the hotels so special. Xigera is no exception. With exceptional staff attending to our guests, the lodge offers an exclusive experience of unrivaled flexibility – there are no set times, no itineraries, just the unique chance of exploring the bush at a personalized pace. A transformative journey awaits, defined by Red Carnation’s passion and art of hospitality.
Xigera Safari Lodge is nestled beneath an impressive canopy of ancient jackalberry, mangosteen, and leadwood trees. All 12 air-conditioned suites have been carefully sited to give endless floodplain views and the chance to watch passing wildlife.
• Situated on a large island, surrounded by deep channels and lush vegetation
• Stunning views of the Xigera channel
• Lounge and dining room with open fireplace
• African-inspired cuisine
• Bar and wine cellar
• Air-conditioned library
• Traditional boma and outdoor fire-pit
• Star deck
• Swimming pool
• Well-equipped gym and Wellness Centre
• African art
Xigera Safari Lodge can accommodate up to 24 guests plus 4 guides/pilots/tour leaders (subject to concession numbers and/or availability).
12 luxurious fully air-conditioned suites comprising:
• 11 standard suites of which:
• Nine have king-size beds (which cannot be split)
• Two have twin beds (which can be converted into king-size beds using mattress convertors)
• Each suite has 184 sqm (1,980 sq ft) of indoor and outdoor space including a separate lounge, bedroom, and dressing room area.
• The Xigera Family Suite, comprising:
• Two en-suite bedrooms (one of which has a fixed king-size bed while the other has twin beds which can be converted into a king-size bed using a mattress converter), each with a dressing room and outdoor shower
• interleading lounge
• private deck with outdoor gazebo Plus, guide/pilot/tour leader accommodation comprising:
• Four tented rooms each with two three quarter beds and shared en-suite facilities (not of the same standard as a guest room)
• Each suite has full en-suite facilities with separate toilet, shower, bath and outdoor shower; separate lounge, bedroom and dressing room area,
mosquito net, coffee, and tea making facilities, and mini bar
• Private deck with outdoor gazebo
• Stretched canvas tented roofs and wooden decks, reached by elevated wooden walkways
• Tinted glass windows to keep the room at even temperatures (can be opened to allow the breeze and birdsong to enter)
• Fully air-conditioned
• TV and Wi-Fi
• Ecologically sensitive amenities, and all creature comforts
THE XIGERA FAMILY SUITE DESCRIPTION
• The Xigera Family Suite consists of two complete full bedrooms each with its own full bathroom, dressing area, and outdoor shower and all the offerings found in a normal suite, joined by an interleading lounge area that opens up onto a deck with a gazebo.
CHILDREN AT XIGERA
• Children aged 12 and over are welcome at Xigera Safari Lodge and the full adult rate is charged
• Children aged between 12 and 16 must share a suite with one adult
• Children partaking in boating or mekoro excursions must wear life vests at all times
• For safety reasons, children aged under 13 years may not participate in walking or mekoro activities
• Electricity and hot water provided by solar power, with a backup generator
• 220V multi-plug adaptor charging facilities for mobile devices. Additional charging facilities (available on request) for the use of guests’ own sleep apnea machines
Daily laundry services (weather and water supply permitting) are included in the Fully Inclusive rate. A mesh laundry bag is supplied for underwear which will be machine-washed and returned in the same mesh bag. Environmentally-friendly detergent for optional handwashing is available in the rooms or can be provided on request.
SMOKING POLICY (CIGARETTES AND E-CIGARETTES)
Smoking is only permitted on the private outside deck area of your Suite. Please note that we have a strict non-smoking policy in our main area, vehicles, boats, mekoro, and guest suites (except on the outside decks). On activities, a stop will be made for refreshments, at which time smokers may have a cigarette. We ask smokers to be conscious at all times of the risk of causing a fire, and of the impact of both cigarettes and e-cigarettes on their fellow guests.
Xigera is a water- and land-based lodge offering guests the opportunity to experience both aspects of the Okavango Delta. During the annual flood, guests can boat across floodplains and along channels to reach islands where there are regular sightings of buffalo, elephants, zebras, giraffes, lechwe, and sitatunga as well as numerous other Delta species. Hippos can be spotted on mekoro and boating excursions, along with an abundance of birds.
- Bar / lounge
- Breakfast available
- Airport transportation
- Non-smoking hotel
- Laundry service
- Non-smoking rooms
- Family rooms
- Breakfast, lunch, or an intimate picnic in the bush
- Explorations by traditional mokoro boat with a glass-bottom and motorboats with an elevated deck for wildlife spotting
- Feet-in-the-water’ sundowners cocktails
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Walking safaris with expert guides (outside of Moremi Game Reserve)
- Seasonal catch-and-release fishing (outside of Moremi Game Reserve)
- Photographic safaris
- Private yoga sessions; Spa treatments; a 1-night Baobab Treehouse Sleepout for 2 adult guests at a surcharge, subject to availability and weather permitting and scenic helicopter flights (at additional cost)
- While the emphasis at Xigera is on water activities, game drives are offered year-round
- No night drives due to Moremi Game Reserve National Park regulations
- Day game drives in open 4x4 vehicles (four vehicles will be 4-seaters and two vehicles will be 6-seaters)
- Private activities on offer (subject to vehicle availability, and need to be booked and paid for)
- During colder or wetter weather, hot water bottles, blankets and lined ponchos are provided
- Water-based activities;
- - in 2-seater glass-bottom mekoro; and
- - 6-seater motorboats, 2 of which have a glass-bottom and 2 have a super structure with roof seating available (seasonal water levels permitting).
Please contact us for availability and pricing details
Luxury Vacation Rentals
Luxury Vacation Rentals
“Never leave home sweet home”
The luxury vacation rental homes in the Lauren Berger Collection provide the finest amenities you could desire for any getaway, corporate retreat, special event, or relocation. Find out more about our lavish properties around the globe.
Estates & Mansions for Rent
The properties in the prestigious Lauren Berger Collection include mansions for rent and estates for rent that make for an excellent venue, retreat, or expansive space for a short-term or long-term relocation.
Charming Villas for Rent
Our collection also includes a variety of luxury villa rentals and apartment rentals in prestigious locations. Enjoy staying in a lavish space overlooking Central Park, sitting on the waterfront of Italy’s shores, or residing on a private beach in the Caribbean.
Luxury Beach Rentals & Ski Rentals
Whether you are searching for a getaway on some of the finest beaches in the world or a ski trip in charming mountain towns, Lauren Berger has a property for you. Browse luxury beach rentals, mountain chateau rentals, and more in our collection.