Cadaques Casa A La Orilla Del Mar | Costa Brava | Catalonia | Spain
Province of Girona
Just a short walk to Cadaques fishing village on the Costa Brava in Spain (close to the French border), this seafront private place is located in a legendary area. This villa, built in the sixties, was completely renovated by the new French owner in 2017-2018 with care to respect the original architecture and preserve its amazing artistic heritage. To give a French touch to the residence, vintage posters and a Collector Gaveau piano from “Le France”, the French ocean liner put into service in February 1962, is majestically enthroned in the middle of the large living room. The villa can accommodate up to 20 guests. A private stone staircase gives direct access to the Mediterranean sea. This villa has two different parts: the main house (including 5 bedrooms) and four exterior bedrooms with independent access. The swimming pool overlooks the sea and includes a summer kitchen with barbecue grill. The vast terraced park hides statues and nods to Dali, along with a tiny chapel.
The Casa offers 9 restful and stylish bedrooms with individual climate control, most of which offer spectacular sea views, Mediterranean style patios or large terraces:
n°1: 2 master bedrooms (king size bed – 1,80 m) with en-suite bathrooms: double sinks, bath tube, shower room and independent toilets, each with large sliding windows onto private terraces
n°2: 1 family suite with 1 king size bed (1,60 m) in the bedroom, and 1 convertible sofa (1,40 m x 1,90m) in the sitting-room, with en-suite bathroom: sink, shower room, bath tube, toilets.
n°3: 1 bedroom with 4 bunk beds ( 0.80 m) with en-suite bathroom (double sink, shower room, independent toilets)
n°4: 1 cozy ‘office’ convertible into bedroom (2 persons – 1,40m x 1,90m) with en-suite bathroom (sink, shower room, independent toilets)
n°5: Either twins beds (2 x 0,80 m) or single bed (1,60m) with en-suite bathroom (sink, shower room and independent toilets)
n°6: 1 king size bed (1,60 m) & 1 single bed (0,80 m) with en-suite bathroom (sink, shower room, independent toilets
n° 7: 1 King size bed, 1 convertible sofa, En-suite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Access to shared terrace
n° 8: 2 Twin beds or 1 king size bed, En-suite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk, Access to shared balcony
n°9: convertible sofa, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge (2), freezer, wine cellar, dishwasher (2), microwave, electric oven, blender, coffee machine (3), toaster, press orange,
- The heating system and air conditioning
- Spectacular fireplace
- Breakfast bar
- Formal dining area - seating for 14
- Casual dining area - seating for 6
- Home theatre
- Sonos sound system
- Collector Gaveau piano from "Le France" steamliner
- Library office
- Indoor parking - 2 cars
- Laundry room with washing machine/dryer
- Wine cellar
- Seaview heated pool with a pool house and a summer kitchen with a barbecue grill
- Direct access to the sea
- Spacious seafront terraces
- Sun loungers
- 2 Alfresco dining areas - seating for 12
- Wet bar
STAFF & SERVICES
- Personal check-in/out
- Professional cleaning service prior to your arrival and after your departure
- A boutique hotel like toiletries
- Gourmet food basket
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Daily housekeeping (4 hours per day, except on Sundays & public holiday)
- Pool maintenance and gardener
A-LA-CARTE SERVICES – advance notice may be required
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Chef service
- Child care services
- Additional housekeeping
RESIDENCE SAFETY & SECURITY
- Due to the landscape of this private residence, children should be carefully supervised: Not suitable for children (2-12)
- Disabled access and adapted bedroom (with en-suite bathroom)
- Access to the residence (main gate, main entrance door and independent bedrooms) is done with a code
- Smoke detectors
- Fire extinguishers
- Safe-deposit box in 3 master bedrooms/suite
- In-house security system
- Each room has outdoor access (patio, terrace) that must be locked from the inside when you are away.
- A first aid kit
- The pool is fenced for safety reasons, please keep the gates closed at all times; all children bathing must be made under parents' supervision.
- The Salvador Dali house-museum is a must-see visit. View the 2:19 minutes documentary about The Secret Life of Salvador Dali at Portlligat:
- Built-in a 5-acre parkland, the entire private estate is facing the natural park of Cap de Creus.
- During high season (July and August), check-in and check-out only available on Saturdays.
Please contact us for availability and pricing details
Luxury Vacation Rentals
Luxury Vacation Rentals
“Never leave home sweet home”
The luxury vacation rental homes in the Lauren Berger Collection provide the finest amenities you could desire for any getaway, corporate retreat, special event, or relocation. Find out more about our lavish properties around the globe.
Estates & Mansions for Rent
The properties in the prestigious Lauren Berger Collection include mansions for rent and estates for rent that make for an excellent venue, retreat, or expansive space for a short-term or long-term relocation.
Charming Villas for Rent
Our collection also includes a variety of luxury villa rentals and apartment rentals in prestigious locations. Enjoy staying in a lavish space overlooking Central Park, sitting on the waterfront of Italy’s shores, or residing on a private beach in the Caribbean.
Luxury Beach Rentals & Ski Rentals
Whether you are searching for a getaway on some of the finest beaches in the world or a ski trip in charming mountain towns, Lauren Berger has a property for you. Browse luxury beach rentals, mountain chateau rentals, and more in our collection.