Over Yonder Cay | Exuma | Out Islands | Bahamas
Over Yonder Cay is a former fishing outpost in the pristine Exuma chain of the Bahamas that has been transformed into a unique eco-friendly haven for those seeking authentic and sustainable barefoot luxury. This 72-acre ecologically-designed secret sanctuary runs on wind and solar power and produces its own freshwater utilizing pioneering proprietorial energy systems that have been developed as a global model for pollution-free island life. Accommodation for up to 30 guests is provided in four uniquely designed villas with private beaches and breathtaking views. With its own golf course, deep water marina, resident sailing superyacht and fully equipped beach club the choice of activities is near limitless. The island’s staff provide a friendly yet discrete luxury service and include professional water sports instructors, spa therapists, and golf and tennis professionals. The cuisine is exemplary with the internationally trained chefs using only the freshest ingredients of the highest quality, making the most of the superb sustainable local seafood. Over Yonder Cay offers the ultimate private island experience.
- Full staff
- 19 ft Sailboat Aria (crewed)
- Two (2) 31 ft. Jupiter center console boats with 2 - 300 hp engines (crewed)
- Wake boarding, hydro foil, towing equipment + instructor (crewed)
- Four (4) Yamaha Wave runners
- One (1) Laser sailboat
- One (1) 16' Getaway Hobie Cat
- Kitesurfing gear
- Kayaks, stand up paddle boards, wakeboards, surfboards, towable toys + instructor
- Snorkeling gear
- Par-3 Nine hole golf course & putting green, clubs, golf balls and carts
- Floodlit tennis court, rackets and balls
- Gym and Precor equipment
- Massage therapist, two therapists after 12 guests
- Table tennis, snooker and Billiards
- Three (3) salt water heated pools
- Five (5) jacuzzis
- Movie theatre (seats 12)
- Knocker ball
- Medical First Response
- Entertainment - Enhance an evening with a special performance or theme: - DJ / Band - Fire Dancer - Fireworks - Casino Night - Cigar roller - Sommelier
- Tennis Professional – A favorite for tennis enthusiasts. Whether you are a social player or a club champion, our tennis professional will help you stay active and sharpen your skills.
- Golf Professional – Take your game to the next level as our golf pro helps you enhance your skills while navigating one of the toughest 9-hole golf courses in the world.
- Kite Board Professional – For those seeking an adventure on the water, include a kiteboard instructor to teach you and your guests how to ride the wind throughout our beautiful natural lagoons. Scuba Dive Guide – A must for avid scuba divers. Allow a specialized guide to lead your underwater experience in some of the most beautiful dive sites in the world.
- Photographer / Videographer – Allow a professional to discreetly capture all the fun, memorable moments shared between you and your family/friends.
- Beautician / Esthetician – Add a personal hairstylist, make-up artist, or esthetician to elevate your island presence.
- Fitness Instructor – A great addition to an active group looking to incorporate beach boot camp and personal training into the daily list of activities.
- Nanny – Our professional caregivers are available to provide 24-hour service to assist you and your child’s needs.
- Swim Instructor – A beneficial addition for guests with children learning to swim and/or improve their swimming skills.
- Marine Biologist – Add a fun, educational element to teach kids (and adults) about all the local animals and organisms in their natural habitat.
- Security – Hire a dedicated team to ensure the highest level of security and discretion for you and your family.
- Massage – Our therapists perform a variety of different massage techniques from holistic to deep tissue. We have dedicated treatment areas in the cabana on the beach and in Meridian House.
- Golf – Our nine hole course is available at your convenience. The course is challenging from the back tees but separate tee locations cater for all levels.
- Tennis – We have an experienced tennis pro offering one-on-one tennis sessions and group activities.
- Yoga - We can offer one to one yoga session in your villa, or enjoy an invigorating sunrise yoga session on the beach at the start of your day or a tranquil evening yoga/meditation as you unwind before dinner.
- Croquet – A classic sport to be enjoyed day or night when we light the lawn with candles and tiki torches.
- Volleyball and beach tennis – The beach sand volleyball court is floodlit and located near the Beach Club allowing it to become part of your evening’s entertainment.
- Fitness – Our fitness center is very well equipped and our experts can keep you in shape with indoor or outdoors routines using the natural elements of the island.
- Watersports – The Watersport Cabana on Whalebone beach near the Beach Club provides waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, various sailing boats, stand up paddle boarding, snorkeling, and kayaking with our qualified instructors.
- Knocker ball – Dart around the tennis court in inflated bubble balls playing a tactical game of human bumper cars.
- Beach Olympics and Scavenger Hunt – A variety of beach orientated activities in a competitive format for adults and kids. We can also organize customized scavenger hunts that explore all ends of the island as well as the neighboring cays.
- Cliff Diving – We guide you around a selection of fantastic cliffs to dive from, dependent upon safe sea conditions.
- Marine biologist – Our enthusiastic marine biologist creates fun and educational explorations of the local flora and fauna, both on and off the land.
- Arts, crafts, and board games – Rainy days of creation for children and adults.
- Movie Theatre – Seats 12 on Italian leather recliners. Snuggle under mohair blankets, with the drink of your choice, while watching your favorite film. Specialty popcorn is available to make it a true movie experience.
- Junkanoo Surprise – Entertain your guests at dinner with a carnival procession magically appearing out of the dark, accompanied by the deep beat of drums.
- DJs, guitarists, a three piece band and fire-dancers are available on request.
- Thunderball Grotto – Made famous as the location for the James Bond movie “Thunderball”, this grotto is a magical setting for snorkeling. There are multiple swim-through passages teeming with fish but the highlight is a cathedral-like cave with a central ‘chimney’ that beams sunlight from far above.
- Swimming Pigs – Famous for their love of swimming, this unique drove of pigs delight in swimming out into the bay to be fed, as you approach by boat.
- Pipe Creek – Close to Over Yonder Cay and teeming with wading birds and small undersea creatures. Guests can hunt for sand dollars on the exposed sand bars in this exquisite creek.
- Sampson Creek – Fly fishing for bone fish. Don sand shoes and compete in the lagoons with local ospreys to catch these challenging sports fish.
- Iguana Island – A picturesque beach not far from Over Yonder Cay hosts a troop of iguanas who have colonized this beach. They can be hand fed and dart around the beach in territorial skirmishes. Compass Cay – This charming little marina has a school of nurse sharks that live there peacefully and delight those that pass through. You can snorkel alongside them as they have the gentlest of natures.
- Rachel’s Bubble Bath – This excursion through a spectacular mangrove lagoon, is fun for the whole family. The trail ends at a beautiful natural rock bath where waves tumble over a natural saddle in the rock producing the ‘bubble bath’ effect.
- Rocky Dundas – Just inside the Exuma sea park, with its protected and teeming saline, a pair of caverns are easily accessible for snorkelers. Shafts of sunlight beam through a set of natural chimneys that illuminate a stalactite adorned cave with a magical glow.
- Seaquarium – A natural aquarium teaming with colorful fish which will eat from your hands. Spot lobster and grouper, turtles and majestic eagle rays.
- Osprey Cay – A perfect sandbar of sugary white sand, three-quarters of a mile long, is exposed at low tide. It’s a superb spot for us to provide you with a magnificent picnic amongst the shells.
- Jeep Reef – A shallow reef for snorkeling and scuba, teeming with natural wonders. Look out for the sunken World War II Jeep, now covered in a myriad of corals.
- Danger Reef – A spectacular dive spot in 50 feet of water, where Caribbean reef sharks are found in numbers. It is dangerous in name alone as the sharks are accustomed to humans and glide gracefully around divers, amongst amazing undersea monolith structures.
- Shroud Cay – The meandering channels through the mangroves provide an exciting location for jet skiing. There are also multiple opportunities for spotting stingrays and turtles before returning to our prepared picnic.
- Normans Cay – Made famous by the drug runners and bootleggers of the ‘70’s, its dubious history has left an exciting legacy. Snorkel on the wreck of a cargo plane that was loaded with contraband and missed the runway on a moonless night back in the bad old days.
- Kitesurfing Experience – We have access to some of the best waters you will ever kite surf in and we enjoy reliable wind during the winter months. We choose the locations to match conditions and provide instruction for all levels of ability, with children especially welcome.
- Fishing Trips – Boat to the seasonal hotspots to catch whichever gamefish are running. The catch varies, with wahoo in the winter and spring, billfish and mahi-mahi in spring and early summer and tuna throughout the summer.
- Scuba Diving – We have many local dives within a few miles of the cay, however, we also provide access the outer islands where the diving is sublime. We can access the entire Bahamas over the course of a week, in unparalleled comfort, whilst Over Yonder Cay provides your luxury base.
- Surfing trips – Our local experts offer up their secret surf spots where the open Atlantic hits undiscovered reefs. Locals are passionate about preserving the identity of these secret spots!
- Long Island Blue Hole – Fly into Long Island and explore the deepest blue hole in the Bahamas. Chat with William Truebridge – World Freediving record holder – as he shares his experiences and gives one on one advice for those interested. Watch as he disappears underwater for 6-8 minutes at a time.
- Fly fishing on Andros – Andros is well known for its spectacular bonefishing, experience world-class bonefishing with top guides.
- Mediterranean night A ‘white’ themed Mediterranean dining experience with tailored menu, wine list, table decorations and decor. A DJ playing both classic and the latest European sounds is also available.
- Dinner on the Beach Club green Dine under the stars with music performed by a classical guitarist.
- Sushi poolside Sushi served around the pool with your choice of chilled or hot sakes whilst you are entertained by a jazz trio.
- Beach dinner We prepare an elegant dinner at beautifully adorned tables on the sand by the sea. Candles light the tables and Tiki torches light the area.
- All day ‘Nikki’ Beach Club The Beach club becomes the center for all day chilling and thrilling as a DJ* provides the beats to match your mood with food and beverages served along the beach and poolside lounging areas.
- Take a walk on nearby sandbar with cocktails in hand
- Cocktails and Jazz at Meridian house
- Pool party at the Beach Club - take in the setting sun with DJs* setting the scene
- Sunset drinks on the 1st green as we feed the fish and nurse sharks in the adjoining lagoon
- Touch the fence” group tennis fun, with cocktails
- All of our staff are ‘five star’ qualified, have trained and worked in the world’s best establishments and are experts in their particular field. They are discrete and there to assist with any requests.
- Standard food & beverages (excluding high ticket items)
- All amenities including massage therapist, watersports instructor, crewed and unscrewed watercraft
- All off island excursions and themed dining according to itinerary.
- High ticket items not part of our standard offering
- Extra sailing trips on Tenacious.
- Entertainment sourced off island
- Scuba diving with a local licensed operator
- REVERSE OSMOSIS: The island produces 96 thousand gallons of self sustained water. All guests and staff use glass bottles in order to significantly reduce the plastic waste produced.
- GARDEN: Our organic garden provides herbs, tomatoes, potatoes, papayas, bananas, and much more. Plans are underway for a hydroponic garden.
- BAMBOO STRAWS: We use organic, reusable, and biodegradable bamboo straws as apart of our efforts to eliminate plastic waste as a whole.
- PEST CONTROL: OYC uses a natural pest control called Diatomaceous Earth. Chrysanthemum spray, which is also biodegradable, is used to reduce the likelihood of insects entering buildings. CLEANING SOLUTIONS: As a continued effort, we use cleaning agents without chemicals such as Seventh Generation and Mrs. Myers hand soap and other organic products.
- COMPOSTING FOOD: To reduce our food waste, OYC composts food scraps to be used as fertilizer and to feed the fish surrounding the island.
- SOLAR: Carts: Golf Carts are powered by Solar Panels attached to the roof of the carts. In addition to the solar panel carts, we have switched from gas to electric golf carts.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: The entire island has energy efficient light bulbs, low-flow toilets, and energy star appliances.
Please contact us for availability and pricing details
Luxury Vacation Rentals
Luxury Vacation Rentals
“Never leave home sweet home”
The luxury vacation rental homes in the Lauren Berger Collection provide the finest amenities you could desire for any getaway, corporate retreat, special event, or relocation. Find out more about our lavish properties around the globe.
Estates & Mansions for Rent
The properties in the prestigious Lauren Berger Collection include mansions for rent and estates for rent that make for an excellent venue, retreat, or expansive space for a short-term or long-term relocation.
Charming Villas for Rent
Our collection also includes a variety of luxury villa rentals and apartment rentals in prestigious locations. Enjoy staying in a lavish space overlooking Central Park, sitting on the waterfront of Italy’s shores, or residing on a private beach in the Caribbean.
Luxury Beach Rentals & Ski Rentals
Whether you are searching for a getaway on some of the finest beaches in the world or a ski trip in charming mountain towns, Lauren Berger has a property for you. Browse luxury beach rentals, mountain chateau rentals, and more in our collection.